Sunday, 22 July 2007

honesty


I thought and wondered alot over the weekend why people are not honest about their intentions and actions, why there is always dishonesty where money is concerned, and over the potential of loosing face. I also have to include myself here.
I find myself not writing on my blog what I REALLY think about many things, including for example the 'political' aspect of the current sand dune process. For me my dishonesty is not so much about money interests, its about loosing or gaining credibility/face, trying to stay neutral and reach for an understanding of both sides of everything. But in doing this I feel I am resisting a gut urge, the one that wants to cry out and say, 'hey this just isn't right'.
I spent many years as a monk, and one of my novitiate vows was asteya, or 'non stealing' .. which boils down to allowing all expressions to move through me without interpretation or interaction from my mind of right or wrong, good or bad.. if something was to be said.. say it/do it and let be, the is no 'me' to take blame or be punished and nobody to hurt. I can only be harmed by how my mind judges my personality, and interprets my actions against those of others actions and reactions. So now I find myself becoming absorbed and concerned with the dune erosion issue.. my 'soul' wants to act in many ways, but my mind restricts any upwelling to act with thoughts of doing wrong, and offending people. What a poor me egotistical outlook :0) Now I have had my jolt back to reality this weekend, I can expend some energy on enjoying my life and acting without repression. Everyone has a part to play in any drama, each and every one is wholly justified in their actions and intents, filling in a part of the divine play.
Life is bigger than the sandpit.

Clipping below from the ODT friday with a response from Mick Reece about the current situation, and short term action on the beach erosion issue.


Below a wider look at the 'works' so far.





Above.. theres always one on the inside :0)

8 comments:

Jono on 23 July, 2007 17:10 said...

heh, groveling in the channel! we got a few alright ones after you all left ;)

peter on 23 July, 2007 19:19 said...

thanks for the honesty. always appreciated. peace to you.

Anonymous said...

This is a classic example of a act of desparation on the part of Council and their so-called "independent expert" coastal management advisors!

These incompotent (and or corrupt) "idiots" have had more than reasonble opportunity to come up with effective plans and practicable solutions and this is all they can come up with!!

For gods sake is their not anybody else out there apart fom Nic who has the guts, common sense, intelligence and genuine concern for the environment to declare "enough is enough!"

Get real Dunden and concerned environmentalists!!!- stop this madness - this political and commercial negilgence!!!

Support Nic - lobby government to intiate an inquiry into coastal management in NZ and Otago!!

Hold the NZ government to its so called "sustainabilty" policy or be prepared to answer to future generations!!

"The King has no clothes on"!!!

Anon!

Anonymous said...

Screw you DCC and the Otago Regional Council and Central Govt. and your consultants on this issue - why have you you let this situation deteriorate to this level - what degree of coastal management is this???

I pay for food on your table! - my tax dolllars are hard earned!! - provide me with a solution I can have some confidence in - a consultants job is to present the alternatives - give me the alternatives that are practicable and cost effective!!!

Hey Mr (or Mrs or Ms) Mayor how sincere are you about your community and the environment - will you sacrifice your integrity for vested interests ???

Anon!!

Anonymous said...

hey nic tash here, just saying hello! always checking your site to see what the hell is going on with our beaches!!! thanx for all your hard work.
also if u see hayley in the channel can u tell her im alive and that my email is stuffed so cant get in contact with her!!!
thanx nic see u later, oh yea had 1st surf in like 2 months it was 1-2 ft wind chop, i was stoked!!!

Anonymous said...

Remember people it is ELECTON YEAR for LOCAL BODY ELECTIONS!!!
Make the walk to your polling booth and talk with your vote!!!

Jono on 25 July, 2007 20:59 said...

are any of the candidates making this an election issue?

nic on 25 July, 2007 21:16 said...

there are no official candidates so far .. nominations open on the 27th July, (the info packs for nominations are not available until then) .. nominations close on the 24th of August at 12 noon .. voting opens on the 21st of September and close on the 13th October at 12 noon. Definitely a such a ripe time for this issue as a lever .. a framework for launch is already underway :0)

 

phoam surf blog Copyright © 2008 Black Brown Art Template by Ipiet's Blogger Template