Wednesday, 20 February 2008

a look at The Island



Yesterday I went for a hike through the dunes at the back of Westwood, a place I have been keen on checking out for ages. Thoroughly enjoyed rambling through the swamps, and along the landrover tracks criss-crossing the reserve, taking short cuts loosing the path, and the joy of finding more gems cutting through the dunes like semi dug out war trenches enveloped with curtains of marram grass. Once I made it to the beach I set up to take some shots of Green Island as the South Swell hit it while at the back of the Island (out of sight) a few Jet-ski crews towed in a full house of local and visiting surfers.

Two above: The view of the westwood dunes with the swamp and vegetation looking across the estuary mouth at Waldronville to blackhead in the distance on the right. Then a shot looking through my tripod legs to Green Island using my 10-22 wide angle - and then below three shots of waves breaking around the island at full 400mm and cropped in heaps with photoshop.. its a long way out there!


0 comments:

 

phoam surf blog Copyright © 2008 Black Brown Art Template by Ipiet's Blogger Template