Wednesday, 8 March 2006

Blackhead Thunderstorm Yesterday


On the way home from droppping my girls at their weekly 'tea at Nanas' I did my usual, and drove via Blackhead. Massive flashes of lightening were all around, and squalls of rain blasted through riding an offshore wind. About nine surfers and bodyboarders were out. Blackhead carpark was packed (awesome too for the locals the new landfill extensions).

I sat in my car with the window wound down at the top roadside carpark, and fired off shots through the rain. A grey cast between me and the surf revealed hollow 2-3 foot clean sets coming through, with the occasional set closing out at 4foot.

When the rain subsided I made my way down to the beach front and got a little closer to the action, capturing some great tube rides by the surfers and the lone bodyboarder.

0 comments:

 

phoam surf blog Copyright © 2008 Black Brown Art Template by Ipiet's Blogger Template