Sunday, 19 April 2009

My Sabatical


I've had a real nice few days so far away from Dunedin, travelling alone. Had some great new music to listen to on the way up which got me all inspired for my new surf project, thanks Ian!!
Arrived friday in christchurch to supa clean peeling 1-2foot peaks at new brighton. Longboarders dream.. I surfed till dark, was so knackered couldn't lift my arms to eat my dinner, thanks HSJ for again awesome hospitality.
I picked up my new board from groovns.. to find it wasn't an 8'4 .. but a 9'4
also not being good conditon, but with real battered rails and underside.. new dings over old repairs, cracked to the foam .. needs a bit of work. But still after I got over the initial disappointment, it s a real nice shape, much lighter than my epoxy 9'1, and def prettier to look at. so I might just keep it.

Saturday Christchurch conditions changed drastically as a new surge hit new brighton with onshore grey stormy lines of whitewash thundering through. I only managed to stay till just after lunch, and got some murky footage of the womens heats. I was blown away by some of the christchurch womens crew, a real battle paddle out the back and dropping into some real bombs, newfound respect! Meanwhile some of the men coldn't even get out of the back. I wish I could have stayed longer, but had to meet Amber for an op-shopping spree in the city.
I don't have any photos of the christchurch comp, as the files are in raw, and ambers computer isn't set up to process them

In ashburton todaywith daughter #2 Amber, spending a few days with her, then back to Dunners Tuesday morn. Got my big day on Wednesday!
Meanwhile east swell hits the home turf, and I'm miles away from waves, but still great to be spending time with Amber, as my visits with her are always quick pop-ins while travelling to comps the last few years

We spent the afternoon driving around, and came upon a classic car show, at the Ashburton Airport. A few pics below:


0 comments:

 

phoam surf blog Copyright © 2008 Black Brown Art Template by Ipiet's Blogger Template