Monday, 23 March 2009

Celebrating Dunedin, my way



Last week the Otago Daily Times newspaper was running a photo challenge '24 hours in otago' from midday march the 13th to midday the 14th. To celebrate Otago Heritage week 23rd-30th march 2009.
I decided to participate, hoping to send in a few photos for selection for the ODT pictorial and exhibition. Unfortunately after 24 hours of taking photos of how I saw Otago over that time, my camera spits the dummy and only captures low res jpegs, so I couldn't send anything in.. but they are okay for the web, so decided to post them on the blog.
Top pic: Night timelapse from the track to seconds beach
Below: View of Dunedin city from the suburb Waverley


Above: looking across the harbour to the city Below: Jean at Aramoana



Above top and left: St Clair timelapse. Right: Looking up Otago Harbour
The weather was pretty hazy and cloudy for the 24 hours.. and so ends that.
I sorted through my other Dunedin pics and chose some from the previous year, images follow....

I love where I live, the outer suburb of Waldronville. Above looking from near the top of Saddle Hill towards blackhead, with Waldronville in the middle. Below: A view from the opposite side looking over Waldronville towards Saddle Hill (named by Captain Cook).


Above: A view of Dunedin City from Lookout, Below left, from same lookout towards the city, right from Highgate towardswhere the stadium is proposed to be built



Above top: St Clair, Above left: from Maori Hill towards St Kilda. Above right; Looking through cabbage trees to Port Chalmers, Quarrantine island, Macandrew bay and harbour Cone.

0 comments:

 

phoam surf blog Copyright © 2008 Black Brown Art Template by Ipiet's Blogger Template